Friday, October 5, 2012

Toasted Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie

So for the last few months on facebook, I started a "Dear Skubz" article. Skubz is my husband, and he has been working two jobs so that we can prepare for our new addition while still living with all the wonderful comforts that we have. He really is amazing, and I am one lucky Mimz. So I try to make something delicious for him every few days, and I would post a picture of it on facebook while he was at work so that he would see it before he came home.
I was getting so many requests for the recipes that it was part of my decision to move over to a blog.

But now I have some catching up to do.


So I'm going to start with this Toasted Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie.
The idea was something I came up with in my own head, though I am sure it has been done before. When we were grocery shopping, there came this magical moment when I spotted PUMPKIN SPICE MARSHMALLOWS!

Now, I am a woman who loves her pumpkin. Anything pumpkin. Hell, I would just eat a pumpkin raw.
So obviously, in my cart they went. And thus, the Toasted Marshmallow Pumpkin Pie was born.

I started out by making just a typical Libby's Pumpkin Pie. Nothing crazy there. I did let the pie cool for about an hour so that the marshmallows wouldn't melt sitting atop that steaming mountain of pumpkin deliciousness.


So I set my oven to broil, and topped my pie with those magical marshmallows. This is the part that got a little scary. I was afraid that instead of toasting, they would become a big ugly mallow mess. They only needed about 3-4 minutes in the oven before they were beautifully toasted brown (and not ugly, yay!)

After warding off a hungry Skubz, it managed to cool again for another 2 hours, and into the fridge it went until after supper.
So how was it? It was AWESOME. I don't think I can find the right words to describe how it tasted, but it was worth it. We will be making this again for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment