Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cherry Cheesecake Dip

I had been waiting for a good excuse to make this one for a while now. I have seen this from so many blogs and websites, that I don't know what the origin of the recipe is, but I followed the recipe from Chameleon Girls.
The Bronco's game was on last night, and Skubz was sure as hell going to be watching it. Although we are from WI (and I am 110% Packer fan) my Skubz has always been about the Bronco's.
So I decided that I would get a little something out of this situation and make cheesecake dip!
I have wanted nothing more than to eat cheesecake every day through this pregnancy. Of course I am too concerned about my bloated waistline to do that, but this was a nice alternative that made me feel (just a little) better about eating cheesecake.

This is such a light and fluffy dip, that I don't feel like I am stuffing my gut with that heavy, rich cheesecake. Skubz really enjoyed it also, even though he isn't the biggest fan of cherry. I'm sure you could use blueberry or raspberry if you felt like it.
The recipe that I had used did not specify which size pan to use, so I put mine in a 9x13 and it seemed to be just the right fit. A pan any larger would make it difficult to add the pie filling on top.

Cherry Cheesecake Dip
1 pack soften cream cheese
1/2 jar marshmallow fluff
1 small tub Cool Whip
1 can cherry pie filling
Pack of graham crackers

Ingredients
Mix cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip Spread into 9x13 dish.Cover with cherry pie filling. Break the graham cracker into sticks to use for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment