Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

It was kind of tough to decide between a pasta or a soup today. Being that it was cool and a little breezy, and that the Packers lost, we really needed something good for supper.
I stalked around the 'net for something easy and quick (because hell, that's just my style.)
I found a post on Never Trust a Skinny Cook for these beautiful looking lasagna rolls. I didn't immediately find a step by step recipe, and being the type of impatient person that I can be, I just briefly skimmed the article and decided to wing it from there.

I started out with some ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and mozzarella cheese. I mixed those all together and spooned the mixture onto lasagna noodles.
I was a little worried when it came to rolling these guys up, I thought I might have picked one of those recipes that is awesome in theory, but ridiculous in execution. But honestly, the ricotta seemed to act almost like a "glue" and kept everything nice and neat. I dumped some spaghetti sauce on top, and added more cheese, because that is how we do things in Wisconsin.


So I stuck my cute little lasagna rolls in the oven for what felt like FOREVER (I was starving at this point).
It was worth the wait. They were cheesy and the spinach gave them some awesome flavor. 

And the best part? I got Skubz to eat spinach! That was a miracle in itself.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls8 cooked lasagna noodles
15 oz of ricotta cheese
10 oz of spinach (thawed and drained)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 1/2 cup shredded mozerella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together the ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic, oregano, basil and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Place the cooked lasagna noodles on a flat surface, and evenly spread the cheese mixture on the noodles.
Gently roll the lasagna noodles, and place them in a greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.  Top the noodles with the jar of spaghetti sauce, and the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Cover the noodles with aluminum foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes. 





I'm sure that this recipe has a lot of room for interpretation. Maybe add some cream cheese, beef, or chopped onion. Whatever works for you or your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment