Monday, October 8, 2012

Simple Sugar Cookies

As I am writing this post, Skubz is getting our supper ready all by himself. Tonight on the menu is BLT's. This is a rare event, but I am not complaining! I get to put my sore preggo feet up for an afternoon.
That wasn't the case for this morning. We went binge-cleaning this morning, AND I had time to whip up some simple sugar cookies.
I consider it a gift to myself for working so hard on the house.

I am not exaggerating when I say SIMPLE sugar cookies. They were all the sweet taste of a sugar cookie, but took no time to prepare. No chilling or rolling out with these.

I got the recipe for this one on Taste of Home. It's an old Swedish recipe that seems to be a hit, according to the reviews. I give it a thumbs up for sure!


The website there says that it should make 5 dozen. I guess if you like penny sized cookies. I also used powdered sugar to coat them instead of granulated.

Honestly I don't have a good reason as to why I did that.

Overall, the day was a success. A clean house, supper that I didn't have to make, and cookies!!


Simple Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar

1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Additional sugar

In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place on greased baking sheet; flatten with a glass. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment