Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saving memories, in more than just a file cabinet!

I will admit that I had seen something similar to this floating around pinterest, but there were so many different sources, I couldn't link you to just one. This idea is great. On the day of my sons first birthday, I decided to forever preserve some of the first things he would officially call "his" in the form of a Christmas ornament! How adorable is that. They were originally sitting in my file cabinet. I'm sure we are all familiar with that situation, where these precious items get looked at once in a blue moon. But this insures we get to relive some of these amazing memories every year. And for the Christmas season, there is really no better timing!

This would be most representative of the first year my son was with us. I decided to use his hospital hat, and his crib card from the hospital bassinet. 

The clear plastic ornament was something like .88 cents at Walmart, and has a decently sized opening on the top. Once I got the hat and crib card in the ornament, I just used a tweezers to position them. 

I am hoping to do this again, using something to represent our sons second year, but I'm just not quite sure what that will be just yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment