Monday, October 22, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars

Wow, one hell of a week! Skubz and I have been busy bees setting up the nursery and doing all the little home repairs that need to get done before December. Just 7.5 more weeks until my due date, what a crazy thought! We haven't been doing anything in terms of Halloween festivities this year (even though it IS my favorite holiday). I'm just too big at this point and our money has been going towards baby stuff, baby stuff and more baby stuff!
Little guy isn't even here yet and he is already getting spoiled.
So I haven't had as much time or energy to cook in depth meals... we have been eating "cheater meals". Chili dogs and such.
Still good to me!
But I did manage to make these tasty little morsels.
Cinnamon roll cookie bars! I found this recipe from Blissful Whimsy. What I loved about it was that it was like a "half-cheater recipe." It takes a boxed cake mix, yet there are some other ingredients involved as well. So I didn't feel so terrible about the idea of simply making a boxed cake.
I will be honest, I did not measure the amount of cinnamon I put in them. It suggests 1 1/2 Tablespoons, but I can guarantee I did not use that much, and the bars were already heavily spiced. I may have used 1 Tablespoon at the most. I also needed to add more milk to the icing portion, otherwise it didn't spread over the entire pan.
In the end, it really does taste like a cheater cinnamon roll. No rolling and cutting involved!

Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars
Ingredients

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
Icing
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 9"x13" baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
When perfectly baked remove from the oven and pour icing over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment